RE: proposed experiment, invitation for volunteers

Dear colleagues,

FYI. In response to Mike Hackert's efforts, a variety of DMD-challenged
multimode fibers are now in the process of being shipped to the three
volunteers for this experiment. A nice Christmas gift for this ad hoc!

Our game plan is now as follows: The volunteers will collect measurements
in January, playing round robin among them as needed. In February, the
entire ad hoc will have an opportunity to ponder over results and make
decisions. In March, we submit the feasibility report to 802.3ae.

My thanks to Mike Hackert (Corning), Joe Gwinn (Raytheon), John Ritger
(Lucent) and David Hyer (Compaq).

Regards,
Vipul

vipul.bhatt@xxxxxxxxxxx