Re: PAM5 Objectives

Pat,

I missed one very comment on your draft objectives that your response to Jaime
reminded me of. During the conference call, someone (Jim Tavacoli?) pointed out
that PAM SIG (PIG?) members should be taking these objectives to 10 GbE
equipment vendors and solicit feedback as to whether they would buy a product
(transceiver module) based on these objectives rather than a 10 GbE standard
compliant Serial or WWDM product.

What I suggest is that prior to going for a separate PAR in July, we should pass
the objectives past 10 GbE equipment vendors.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

"Kelly, Pat" wrote:

> Jaime,
>
> See my comments below.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pat
>
> N. Patrick Kelly
> Engineering Manager
> Strategic Silicon Labs
> Level One Communications, an Intel Company
> (916)854-2955

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com