[802.3ae_Serial] From serial PMD call: still working on it, please send comments to reflector

There was a high degree of consensus that the standard was not perfect,
needed a few editorial tweaks mostly in the test section, and that some
participants are waiting on lab reports to decide - but that if they are OK,
we should proceed.

We were not quite clear what volume of changes could fit in the timescale.
We went through the draft comments (see reflector traffic) and reached
agreement on many of them: we agreed that we want to make a bunch of
editorial changes.  On some other comments we did not agree in the time
available, and a couple we left to the meeting where more people could
assist the decision.  We did not discuss the trivial editorials through lack
of time.

There was only one point where we agreed that a change was desirable,
outside of the test sections: in the informative Table 52-18, we felt we
cannot guarantee by the method of the standard that an additional 0.5 dB
insertion loss is available at 30km as opposed to 40.  The simplest thing is
to set it to zero.

A couple of participants hoped to make experimental reports on test
procedures, test variability, on Tuesday but could not guarantee to do so.

All commenters are asked to copy their comments to this reflector so that
Dave can prepare some draft responses before the meeting, and so that there
are no surprises and wasted time at the meeting.

Piers