RE: Speed motion

Title: RE: Speed motion

Howard,

I think everyone in the Speed ad hoc agrees with you completely that the study group/task force (when approved) should really be focused on one and only one speed.

In the short term, however, the ad hoc was formed with the charter to come up with a motion for a speed objective which had a reasonable chance of garnering the necessary 75% support. Based on reflector discussion and the straw polls on the conference calls, neither of the motions you suggest have that support. I do think we made decent progress in that we've narrowed it down to two numbers as opposed to the plethora of speeds that were on the table.

Having said that maybe it is a good idea to get one more straw poll done, by email this time.

Walter Thirion
Level One Communications