[802.3_1PPODL] York interim meeting announcement

All -

Welcome to the Power over Data Lines Study Group. Our first meeting will be held at the interim meeting in York, England, on Monday, September 2nd and Tuesday, September 3rd. Note that Monday is Labor Day in the US but a normal working day in most of the rest of the world, including the UK where we'll be.

The primary task of the Study Group is to generate a PAR, 5 Criteria, and Objectives to submit to the 802 Working Group. We'll spend the first part of the meeting going over Study Group rules and procedures, and I'll ask some of the experienced IEEE folks to give us quick tutorials on what the PAR, 5C, and Objectives are and how to generate them. Once this is complete, we'll dive right in and start generating documents. We may also form Ad-Hoc groups as necessary to help move the process forward.

The PAR and 5C generation are usually straightforward and I anticipate getting a good portion of that work completed in York. The Objectives can be a little more involved, but I'd like to get a good start on them as well. I invite presentations from any and all attendees in York that address the PAR, 5C, or objectives and/or provide background information that will help us to reach consensus. I will generate a presentation with skeletons of each of these in advance of the meeting, but the final content will be generated by the group.

More information about presentations and procedures can be found here:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/1PPODL/public/presentproc.html

Please note that the deadline to submit presentations is two Fridays before the meeting. For this meeting the deadline is August 23rd.

I look forward to seeing all of you in York in September.

Dave Dwelley
1PPoDL Study Group Acting Chair