[802.3_1PPODL] Dallas Plenary - Call for Presentations

All -

The 1PPoDL Study Group will meet at the next IEEE 802.3 Plenary in Dallas on Tuesday, Wednesday, and half of Thursday (November 12, 13 and 14). I will work with Chad and the 4PPoE group to minimize overlap between the two groups. Ideally, at the closing plenary both groups will be promoted to Task Force status and we can begin official work in Indian Wells in January.

Since we are still a study group in Dallas, we can't take any technical votes on 1P content, but I welcome presentations that address technical issues or propose baseline text or specifications for the 1P draft document. We'll likely have a day's worth of time (probably split into two pieces) to review any presentations. Deadline to submit presentations to me (ddwelley@xxxxxxxxxx) is Friday, November 8.

Proposed plan for the week:

Monday afternoon: 802.3 Opening Plenary. Plan to attend if you need to establish voting rights.
Tuesday AM: Joint 1P/4P meeting with Marek Hajduczenia to review the draft creation process
Tuesday PM: 4PPoE
Wednesday AM: 1PPoDL
Wednesday PM: Comment resolution for both 4P and 1P if comments on the working group requests are received.
Thursday AM: either 1P or 4P as required
Thursday PM: 802.3 Closing Plenary. This is where we vote to promote both 1P and 4P to Task Force status - please be there to support this vote!

The Wednesday PM comment resolution session is quite important, and could take awhile if we get a lot of comments on our PAR or 5C (or no time at all if we get none). We must be finished with comment resolution by 5PM Wednesday. Again, Chad and I will coordinate to make sure we have adequate time to complete this task. Watch this reflector for possible last minute schedule changes.

As always, see the website for information on presentations and other ground rules:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/1PPODL/public/presentproc.html

See you all in Dallas -

Dave Dwelley
1PPoDL Study Group Chair