[STDS-802-3-25G] Sept 2014 Interim Meeting Announcement and Call for Presentations

All,

The 25 Gb/s Ethernet over single-lane Study Group will be held during the  September 2014 Interim Meeting in Ottawa.

Meeting details may be found at http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/index.html.

The Study Group will be meeting all-day Thursday Sept Sept 11th and Friday Sept 12th.   While this is our first study group meeting, we know from the CFI that we have a lot of consensus built and a well defined scope for the project with the ability to re-use technology and specifications already developed from previous projects.  With the anticipated progress made during the upcoming announced study-group ad-hoc meetings between now and the September meeting, we should be able to make fast progress towards our Study Group goals of developing objectives and project documentation around CSD and PAR.

As such, please be aware that the Study group agenda for those two days will likely be full.  We may utilize sessions in the evening if necessary depending on the number of contributions received.  We will likely be working through a number of motions at the close of the meeting and I want to be sure everyone is aware of this when making their travel arrangements.  I’m going to try to use the Friday afternoon slot for the motions and work through them as quickly as possible.  If you plan to participate in the discussions and motions, please plan your travel accordingly.  If we can, we will move these up as much as possible, but until I see the contributions and am able to work the agenda I will not know the timing.

Anyone wishing to present, please note the Procedure for Presenters web page:http://www.ieee802.org/3/25GSG/public/presentproc.html

For the September Interim meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at mnowell@xxxxxxxxx  and must be made by Friday, August 29, 2014.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy  by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting (Sept 2, 2014).  You do not have to wait until the Aug 29th deadline to send me your request – early requests are appreciated for planning purposes.

Hotel reservations and registration links may be found at the following URL:   http://802world.org/ethernet/ .  Early registration is BEFORE 6pm Pacific Time, Friday, August 8, 2014.

 I look forward to seeing everyone in Ottawa!

Regards,

Mark Nowell

Acting 25Gb/s Ethernet Study-Group chair