[STDS-802-3-25G] 50G and NGOATH Study Groups March Plenary Meeting Notice and Call for Presentations

Dear Colleagues,

The newly re-chartered Study Groups:

50 Gb/s Ethernet Over a Single Lane and Next Generation 100 Gb/s and 200 Gb/s Ethernet Study Group
200 Gb/s Ethernet Single-mode Fiber Study Group

will be holding meetings during the  802.3 Plenary meeting week in Macau, China (March 14th-18th).  As we did in the January interim meeting, these two groups will me meeting jointly throughout the week.

Meeting details may be found at http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html

The schedule hasn’t been released but the straw man schedule (not confirmed) has the  Study Groups meeting on Tuesday afternoon (tentative), all-day Wednesday and Thursday morning.  The agenda will be finalized  based on the number of contributions, we may or may not use the Tuesday afternoon session.  The schedule goal is to try and minimize overlap with other Task Forces and Study Groups to allow people to not have conflicts but unfortunately this may occur at times.   More details on the final schedule will be provided via email or during ad hoc meeting updates.

In January, we adopted a set of objectives, CSD responses and PARs (or PAR modifications).   The goal for this week will be to have these adopted and approved by the 802.3 Working Group at the closing Plenary on Thursday.  As discussed in January and at our ad hoc meetings, there is still work needed to refine some of the objectives and there appears to be interest in having some additional objectives proposed.  This will the focus of this meeting.  The adopted objectives, CSDs and PARs are available here: http://www.ieee802.org/3/50G/index.html

This message is a meeting notification for these plenary Study Group meetings and also a call for presentations.

Presentations are expected to be focused on objectives or supporting the CSDs responses.  This means that the focus should be on proposing new objectives or refining existing objectives.  Or the focus should be on supporting the Technical Feasibility, Economic Feasibility or Broad Market Potential of adopted objectives.  Please be aware that we are still in the Study Group stage and therefore are NOT able to adopt any technical proposals or baselines at this stage.  Therefore, if we have a schedule challenge due to too many contributions, I will have to prioritize agenda time towards the ones focused on the Study Groups goals.

Requests for presentation time shall be made to me at mnowell@xxxxxxxxx  and must be made by Friday, Mar 4th, 2016.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy  by Tuesday of the following week  (Tues Mar 8th, 2016).

I look forward to seeing everyone in Macau!

Regards,

Mark Nowell

Chair, 50 Gb/s Ethernet Over a Single Lane and Next Generation 100 Gb/s Study Group

Chair, and the  200 Gb/s Ethernet Single-mode Fiber Study Group