[802.3_400G] May Interim: Action Items

Dear Study Group Participants,

Given the limited time we have at the May Interim I am assigning Steve Trowbridge the action item to generate two informal communications (IC) for consideration by the Study Group at the May Interim.  The first IC will be to the ITU-T and the second one will be to the OIF.  The subject matter of these informal communications is the formation of the IEEE 802.3 400 Gb/s Study Group.  I will also be working with Steve and will take on the action item to author an informal communication to the Euro-IX.

I have asked Steve to have the ICs to the ITU-T and OIF generated prior to the meeting, which I will also do with the Euro-IX IC.  We will post these IC’s to the May webpage of the IEEE 802.3 400 Gb/s Study Group public webpage@ http://www.ieee802.org/3/400GSG/public/index.html.  Please note at this time the May webpage has not been created.

In advance, I am asking all to read and comment on these IC’s prior to the meeting, so that we can minimize address any concerns before the meeting.  Given the non-controversial informative nature of these IC’s it is my intent at this time to just review them during closing business at the May meeting.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Acting Chair, IEEE 802.3 400 Gb/s Ethernet Study Group