[802.3_400G] September 2013 Interim Meeting Material Uploaded

Dear Study Group Participants,

Meeting materials have been uploaded for next week’s meeting in York, UK.  You may find the meeting material at http://www.ieee802.org/3/400GSG/public/13_09/index.shtml.

Please note two things –

1.       We received a limited number of presentations (4) addressing objectives.  While I understand the interest in the “fun” stuff of tackling the engineering problem, I need to remind everyone that at this time – there is no 400 Gb/s Ethernet project.    We have not completed our objectives, gotten a PAR approved, or even written draft responses to the 5 Criteria.

2.       To that end, between now and the meeting, I intend to review relevant material and provide a summary to the group regarding reach statements made.  This will be used as a topic for discussion and potential identification of additional material needed.  This paper will not include content and will merely summarize what has been presented to date.

I wish everyone safe travels on their way to York, UK.

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 400 Gb/s Ethernet Study Group