From: Hugh Barrass (hbarrass) [mailto:hbarrass@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:40 PM
To: DAmbrosia, John; STDS-802-3-400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Hugh Barrass (hbarrass)
Subject: [WARNING : MESSAGE ENCRYPTED] Configurations and use cases ad-hoc call

John & friends,

We had a very productive call to discuss the configurations and use cases for 400G. We reviewed the presentation that I prepared (based on the starting point shown in the last interim) and there were a number of comments that will result in some additions and changes before the plenary. The presentation should be uploaded to the website shortly.

If anyone would like to add comments or configurations, please let me know. The philosophy behind this work is that no configuration is “wrong.” Some configurations may be rendered impossible or infeasible by an adopted architecture and it is important that this is documented. This way, the implications of architectural decisions will be made clear.

The following people indicated that they were on the call:

Brad Booth, Microsoft

Rich Mellitz, Intel

Piers Dawe, Mellanox

Paul Kolesar, Commscope

Salvatore Rotolo, ST Microelectronics

Sue Bueti, IBM

David Chen, NSN

Steve Gorshe, PMC-Sierra

Ray Nering, Cisco

Tom McDermott, Fujitsu

Scott Powell, ClariPhy

Daniel Sparacin, Aurrion

Matt Brown, AppliedMicro

Jeff Slavick, Avago

Ali Ghiasi, Ghiasi Quantum

Peter Stassar, Huawei

Rick Rabinovich, Alcatel-Lucent

Steve Trowbridge, Alcatel-Lucent

Tom Palkert, Luxtera

Adee Ran, Intel

Hassan Ali, Texas Instruments

Alexander Umnov, Fujitsu

Adam Healey, Avago

Mike Dudek, QLogic

Nathan Tracy, TE

Yonatan Malkiman, Mellanox

John D'Ambrosia, Dell

Gary Nicholl, Cisco

David Ofelt, Juniper

I have attached a transcript from Webex that lists the names & email addresses (it is password protected to prevent email harvesting – “802.3bs”).

Regards to all,

Hugh.