Re: [STDS-802-3-400G] [802.3_400G] Presentation for next week

Brad,

We have multiple optical reach objectives in 802.3bs. I do not see that the longevity (or obsolescence) would be the same for them all nor that the high-volume market adoption time frame would be the same for them all.

Could you make your presentation more granular with statements per each reach objective?

I don’t like gearboxes or I think you mean to say muxes either but if they do not appear in initial implementations then they will show up sooner as reverse muxes as electrical interfaces progress in lane count reduction. I would presume you would want there to be no mux needed when 400G Ethernet is adopted in large volume in the mega datacenter. The question then is what SERDES rate on switch ASICs do you see 400G Ethernet being adopted in large volume in the mega datacenter?

Jeff