From: Mike Dudek [mailto:mike.dudek@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 8:52 AM
To: STDS-802-3-400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-3-400G] [802.3_400G] Presentation for next week

Chris,

I am interested in your cut on the following statements from your e-mail.

If we look at 10G, 40G, and 100G, the all followed the same pattern

and follow on generations require (or will require) reverse mux (or gearbox) to enable legacy optical interfaces to plug into new electrical I/O ports.

While this is technically correct I can’t think of any examples of successful implementations of the reverse mux, (or were there 10GBASE-LX4  SFP or XFP modules that I don’t know about).

Mike Dudek

QLogic Corporation

Director Signal Integrity

26650 Aliso Viejo Parkway