Re: [STDS-802-3-400G] Comments on "PAM4 test pattern characteristics" Lecture by Pete Anslow

Pete,

Thanks for your explanation.

It makes allot of sense.

I wonder though…

If you would like to draw sequences from a uniform distribution over their types, why not just do that?

We know that for any sequence of length N, there is a polynomial (of N) number of types.

Drawing uniformly over the types is thus easy to implement.

Once you have selected the type you can simply draw a sequence of that type.

You can repeat this process as long as you’d like and get a nice uniform distribution over the 10,000 years support you showed.

Additionally, since the basis for the implementation would be LFSRs, it can be made completely repeatable.

Regards,

Yuval