From: Nobuhiko Kikuchi [mailto:nobuhiko.kikuchi.ca@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 02 October 2014 05:22
To: Dedic, Ian; IEEE_listserver
Subject: Re: Re: [STDS-802-3-400G] IEEE P802.3bs 400 Gb/s Ethernet SMF Ad Hoc conference call draft agenda

Dear Ian, Winston, and Cole

Please excuse me to express my view.

As to the timing issues of Nyquist PAM signal, Ian pointed out, there will be some countermeasures as you know, one of it is the increase of the ADC sampling ratio a bit, for example to 1.1-sample-per-symbol (Ex: 64GSa/sec for 56GBaud Nyquist PAM4 with the roll-off factor of 0.1). Such a small increase is sufficient to cover all the Nyquist spectrum and will not cause significant cost nor bandwidth issues.

I think that not only us, but other PAM4 vendors also have solutions to their implementation issues.

Best regards,

Nobu

Nobuhiko Kikuchi,
Central Research Lab, Hitachi Ltd.