From: DAmbrosia, John
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 5:14 PM
To: STDS-802-3-400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-3-400G] Presentation Submission Date Discussion

Dear Task Force Participants,

During today’s SMF Ad Hoc call there was a request that I consider moving the submission date back from Monday Jan 5.  Dates includes Tuesday Jan 6, Wed Jan 7, or Sun Jan 11.

Based on my 8 years of chairing, I have come to find that people like to have the presentations in time to have one day to check with their colleagues at their home office, which is why I have always attempted to have files posted by Thursday (Note – with the large participation of global participation, I have been targeting a Wed night release). Sunday Jan 11 does not allow this, and therefore I do think that it is a viable option.

The issue I face is the uncertainty in knowing how many presentations will be submitted. The trend in this task force has been more presentations, which is why I shifted the submission date to Monday.  This allowed me enough time to get the presentations up in time to allow all participants at least one day with their colleagues.

Therefore in my estimation, while there is some risk at this point, I will be willing for this meeting cycle given the timing of end-of-year shutdowns/ holiday returns to shift the submission date to Tuesday Jan 6 IF there is not significant objections from the Task Force via the reflector over the next day, particularly from those individuals in the Asia Pacific region due to the time zone differences.  I will announce my decision tomorrow night, based on the reflector discussion.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bs 400 GbE Task Force