[STDS-802-3-400G] TImeline, BTI's - Use of Ad Hocs

Dear Task Force Participants,

At the January Interim meeting, I noted my intent to hold a Task Force Ad Hoc call to discuss an updated timeline.  However, upon reflection of last week’s meeting (content, discussion, motions, straw polls, BTI list), it is my opinion that it would be premature to hold a meeting of this ad hoc, as adopting a typical standards-approach time line is not the best course of action for this particular project.

Instead,  I am assigning the SMF, Electrical Interface, and Logic ad hocs the task of reviewing the BTI list generated at last week’s ad hoc meeting (see http://www.ieee802.org/3/bs/public/15_01/big_ticket_items_3bs_01_0115.pdf)  and coming back with a set of recommendations that address the following –

·        Priority of respective BTIs (in respect to making a decision)

·        Action Plan / Data needed to resolve these items

·        Identification of other BTI’s that impact resolution of BTI’s

·        Feedback, based on review of BTI, for completion of ad hoc recommendations for input into development of new schedule.

The ad hoc calls will play a significant role in the agenda of the March meeting, as we will review the ad hoc recommendations on a new timeline.

I will summarize these ad hoc calls via a single email shortly.  I encourage everyone to participate in the respective ad hocs to participate in the consensus building on a plan to help this task force move forward.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bs 400GbE Task Force