[STDS-802-3-400G] Update to Webpage

Dear Task Force Participants,

I have updated the May Interim webpage (http://www.ieee802.org/3/bs/public/15_05/index.shtml)  to include the following –

·        SMF Proposal Summary

·        Slides - Optical Strawpolls May 18

·        Summary of SMF PMD Strawpolls

·        Slides - Motions from May 20 P802.3bs May interim meeting

My thanks to our secretary, Kent Lusted, for pulling the slides together quickly, as we work on the unapproved meeting minutes.

I would like to congratulate the Task Force for its progress this week, and to all those who contributed to that progress.  Key steps forward –

·        The adoption of 4x100G PAM4 PSM4 as the modulation format for the 500m SMF PMD objective.

·        The adoption of a baseline (cole_3bs_01a_0515),  based on 8x50G PAM4, for the 10km SMF Objective.

As chair, I found it very refreshing after the meeting to hear people discussing the work that now needs to be done.

Another step forward on the road to 400 GbE!

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bs 400GbE Task Force