[STDS-802-3-400G] Re-Chartering Ad Hocs

All,

Given our adoption of baseline proposals, and our anticipated adoption of our D1.0 Baseline draft out of the September 2015 meeting, we need to begin looking to the future.

Per the IEEE 802.3 Operating Rules  the following is necessary before submitting a draft to Working Group Ballot, the following is necessary:

2.8.2 Draft Standard Balloting Requirements

Before a draft is submitted to WG letter ballot it shall in addition have met the following requirements:

a.      It must be complete with no open technical issues.

b.      It must be made available for pre-view by the membership by the Monday prior to the plenary week. If any changes are made to the draft after the draft was made available for pre-view the textual changes shall be presented for review during the closing plenary immediately prior to the vote for approval to go to WG ballot.

c.      It must be formatted according to the IEEE style selected by the WG Chair. This style will be selected to minimize the editorial work required for publication of the draft.

d.      It must be approved for submittal to WG ballot at the WG closing plenary

To help enable our work towards a technically complete document, I am re-chartering the following ad hocs  with following chairs

Logic Ad Hoc, Chair: Mark Gustlin

Charter: The charter of the Logic Ad hoc will be to address all issues in relation to the overall architecture of IEEE P802.3bs to ensure progress towards a technically complete draft.

SMF Ad Hoc, Chair: Pete Anslow

Charter: The charter of the SMF Ad hoc will be to address all issues in relation to the SMF optical PMDs to ensure progress towards a technically complete draft.

MMF Ad Hoc, Chair: Jonathan King

Charter: The charter of the MMF Ad hoc will be to address all issues in relation to the MMF optical PMDs to ensure progress towards a technically complete draft.

Electrical Interface Ad Hoc, Chair: Andre Szczepanek

Charter: The charter of the Electrical Interface Ad hoc will be to address all issues in relation to the electrical interfaces to ensure progress towards a completely complete draft.

I will let the respective ad hoc chairs make any announcements regarding potential meetings of their ad hocs.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bs 400GbE Task Force