From: Ing. Tomas Pajda, CCNA [mailto:ing.tomas.pajda@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:58 AM
To: STDS-802-3-400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-3-400G] Reed-Solomon settings

Hello, I would like to suggest one technical proposal to the standard. If we use more redundancy bits of Reed-Solomon FEC on the physical layer and at the same time put more symbols that are making a codeword from RS encoder to the modulator, which will transform the codeword into the modulation symbols alphabet, we can get higher transmission speed, because even if more errors occure during the transmission, we will be able to correct them using FEC more redundancy bits. So the good settings of the cooperation between the FEC and modulation can increase the transmission speed, even in longer distance. I suggest consideration.

Ing. Tomas Pajda, CCNA,
IEEE#93177474