From: Randy Rannow <rannow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-3-400G] 100 Gb/s Single Lamda
Date: November 10, 2015 at 6:22:20 PM PST
To: Ali Ghiasi <aghiasi@xxxxxxxxx>

From: Ali Ghiasi
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:48 PM
To: STDS-802-3-400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-3-400G] 100 Gb/s Single Lamda

Hi

In Oct 2015 Journal of Lightwave Technology a nice paper is published comparing various form of modulation for single carrier 100 Gb/s optical PMD.

Title: Modulation Schemes for Single-Laser 100 Gb/s Links: Single-Carrier

Authors: Sharif, M. ; Dept. of Electr. Eng., Stanford Univ., Stanford, CA, USA ; Perin, J.K. ; Kahn, J.M.

The paper actually reference several our contributions in the IEEE 802.3bm/bs, the conclusion of the paper is more or less in line with the IEEE decision to go with PAM modulation.

Thanks,
Ali Ghiasi
Ghiasi Quantum LLC
Office (408)352-5346