From: Scott Kipp [mailto:skipp@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 7:34 PM
To: STDS-802-3-400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-3-400G]
答复: [STDS-802-3-400G] New 50G/100G/200G SG - Potential Impact on 802.3bs?

Brad,

I find this discussion very helpful and not strange.  The IEEE rules seem pretty flexible if we can get the support of 75% of the voters.  The super majority of 75% is the hard part, so it helps to build consensus when everyone knows what is going on.

I like how Mark is explaining what is going on in the study groups and how it could affect the task force.  I’ve missed  some meetings (because of other meetings like you) and I appreciate his recaps about how we might slice and dice the projects.

I don’t think inclusion of 200G will be the long pole in the 400G tent.  We should be able to do derivatives of the 400G work pretty easily if we can agree on the signaling.  I predict the long pole will be standardizing the 50G and 100G lane signaling.

Kind regards,

Scott