[STDS-802-3-400G] FW: [802.3_50G] Objectives Survey for 50Gb/s and NGOATH Study Groups

Dear Task Force Participants,

This email is to inform the Task Force of the email below from Mark Nowell, chair of the 50G/NGOATH SGs, reminding the group of a survey he is running regarding objectives for the two Study Groups.

Please take a moment to review this survey.  Please note that Question 22 asks the following –

22. I would support having the following objectives (if adopted) being included into the P802.3bs (400GbE Task Force) since they are variants of the work already being consider by that Task Force  (Chicago Rules - pick as many as you like):

100 Gb/s Ethernet SMF objectives

200 Gb/s Ethernet SMF objectives

I would not support any objectives being added to the P802.3bs Task Force

Given this question, you may wish to participate in this straw poll.  Please note that this question is in scope for the two Study Groups, and this email is to merely inform you of it.  Please keep any conversations related to this straw poll on the Study Group reflector.

As a reminder if you have not done so already, given the on-going conversations, you may wish to join the reflector for the two study groups.  For information about subscribing to the reflector, please see http://www.ieee802.org/3/50G/reflector.html.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bs 400GbE Task Force