[STDS-802-3-400G] IEEE 802.3 NGOATH SG Proposed Changes to 802.3bs Project Documentation

All,

The Task Force front page (http://www.ieee802.org/3/bs/index.html) has been updated to include the proposed changes to our PAR, CSD, and objectives that were adopted at this week’s IEEE 802 Jan Interim by the IEEE 802.3 NGOATH Study Group.

A straw poll was taken at the IEEE P802.3bs Joint Session with the NGOATH Study Group Friday morning, Jan 22.  The straw poll was the following –

       I would support :

      the proposed P802.3bs PAR modifications per nowell_3bs_01_0116 and dambrosia_3bs_02_0116

      the proposed changes to the P802.3bs CSD responses and objectives per nowell_3bs_01_0116

       Yes:  50

       No:  0

       Abstain:  2

Based on the results of this straw poll, it will be pre-submitted for consideration at the March 2016 Plenary.  If there are any significant changes to these documents by the NGOATH Study Group, another such poll will be asked at the March Plenary by our Task Force, prior to consideration by the 802.3WG at its Closing Session on Thursday afternoon of Plenary week.

Please note that there is still debate underway regarding a 200GbE PSM4 based objective.

I wanted to share this news with Task Force participants as soon as possible.  I will be working on getting the minutes published and the final update to the Jan webpage.

If you have any questions regarding these documents or events, please feel free to contact me.

Safe travels to all leaving Atlanta today!

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bs 400GbE Task Force