Re: [STDS-802-3-400G] Electrical Ad Hoc email straw poll on Annex 120E (C2M) Pattern generator characteristics tables

Mike,

I agree with your assessment. As you point out, and as was the case for CAUI-4 C2M, the Pattern generator characteristics tables providing a starting point that then needs to be adjusted to meet eye height and eye width.

This second step will be required, irrespective of the way jitter is defined in the (initial) Pattern generator characteristics tables.

-          I think changing the table titles to “Initial pattern generator characteristics”, would be a good comment against D1.2

So I will interpret this response as a vote for CDAUI-8 C2C TP0a like definition.

Ad Hoc Participants,

If you haven’t expressed an opinion Please respond by EOD Sunday so I can present the results at Monday’s electrical ad hoc.

Regards

                   Andre Szczepanek (P802.3bs 400 Gb/s Ethernet Task Force Electrical Ad Hoc chair)