Re: [STDS-802-3-400G] Proposed Responses Posted

Here are some comments on the proposed responses to some comments.

I have a concern with the response to comment # 67.    I agree that the proposed change is not editorial however the comment raises a very valid technical issue.    If JP03 is used on the other lanes and synchronous counter-propagating lanes, crosstalk from those lanes will not appear in the result for J5 and Jrms and would affect the even-odd jitter either adding constructively or destructively.    We should be measuring the jitter with PRBS13Q, PRBS31Q or a valid 200GBASE-R/400GBASE-R in the counter-propagating direction.    I’d like to say the same for the co-propagating lanes however a valid 200GBASE-R/400GBASE-R signal isn’t correct with one lane replaced by JP03.   Could we say “PRBS13Q, PRBS31Q or a valid 200GBASE-R/400GBASE-R with the lane under test replaced by JP03.” For the co-propagating lanes.

On comment #26.   OIF has explicitly requested (when providing their drafts) that derivative work should acknowledge the OIF work.   I don’t know of a better way of doing this than leaving this sentence.   If the reference doesn’t exist later in the process this sentence can be removed at that time.

On Comment #2 although the numbers are the same.   The parameters in table 120E-3 are the maximums.   The values in 120E-5 are target values.  We should ensure that this is clear in the resulting document.

Mike Dudek

QLogic Corporation

Director Signal Integrity

26650 Aliso Viejo Parkway