[STDS-802-3-400G] Request for Conditional Approval to proceed to Sponsor Ballot Approved

All,

While I am still working on the minutes from last week’s Task Force Plenary meeting, I wanted to inform everyone that our request for conditional approval to forward the P802.3bs to Sponsor Ballot was approved last week by the 802.3WG, and subsequently by the 802 EC.

To learn more about what this means procedurally, please refer to IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual, Section 11 -Procedure for conditional approval to forward a draft standard http://ieee802.org/PNP/approved/IEEE_802_OM_v19.pdf .  Please review this section, as it provides the conditions that shall be met before initiating sponsor ballot.

Another step has been taken on the road to the development of the P802.3bs 200GbE and 400GbE standard.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bs Task Force