[STDS-802-3-400G] Leaving Verizon to Begin a New Chapter

Dear IEEE Colleagues,

With over 36 years behind me, I have decided to take the opportunity to leave Verizon.  My last day will be Friday, December 29.  It has been an incredible journey, and I have been fortunate to have worked with you over the years.

There have been many monumental changes in telecom during the span of my career.  I was lucky to have played a key role in many industry firsts, including initial fiber optic implementation in access networks, developing SONET/SDH/OTN national and international standards, leading GPON/NGPON2 specification and development, and deploying the first NGPON2 systems.

It has been a pleasure and honor working with you and I want to thank you for your friendship and support.  I wish each of you much success as you continue to drive cutting edge technology and build future networks.  I will be keeping an eye on telecom and remain engaged through consulting and other activities.  Please stay in touch via my personal gmail below.

Lisa and I are now looking forward to the next chapter in our lives.  Best wishes to you and your families this Holiday Season and have a Happy New Year!

Sincerely, Martin

Sr. Manager – Network Infrastructure Planning

Verizon

martincarrollusa@xxxxxxxxx

c) +1 972-310-0811