[802.3_40GSMF] Sept 2010 Interim - 802.3bg 40Gb/s Ethernet SMF task force meeting announcement

Title: Sept 2010 Interim  - 802.3bg 40Gb/s Ethernet SMF task force meeting announcement
Dear 802.3bg Members,

The 802.3bg Task Force will meet at the Portland, Oregon, 802.3 Interim meeting which will be held from Mon Sept 20th-Thursday Sept 23rd. The 802.3bg task force meeting is currently scheduled for 2.5 days - all-day Tues and Wed and the morning of Thursday.

Detailed meeting information may be found at  https://tools.sympose.com/event/IEEE8023Portland/

This meeting’s focus will be to review the comments and ballots generated by the ongoing Working group ballot and review any technical presentations based on comment resolution or proposed technical changes.  Per the schedule that the task force adopted in July (see http://www.ieee802.org/3/bg/public/jul10/agenda_01_0710.pdf  ) this meeting is the last meeting for any proposed technical changes.

The actual duration of the meeting will depend on the time required to complete the task force’s work.  The 2.5 days allocated at this point is to ensure that we have the time we need but it is possible that the TF will be able to complete it’s work in less time.  Until we close the comment period and close the presentation requests we will not be able to assess the amount of work for the task force.

A separate Call for Presentations will be sent shortly.

Safe travels.

Best Regards,

Mark Nowell
Chair, IEEE 802.3bg 40Gb/s Ethernet Single-mode Fibre PMD Task Force
Tel:       613 254 3391
Email    mnowell@xxxxxxxx