[802.3_40GSMF] IEEE 802.3bg Meeting announcement - Dallas Nov 7-12

Title: IEEE 802.3bg Meeting announcement - Dallas Nov 7-12
Dear 802.3bg Members,

The 802.3bg Task Force will meet at the Dallas, Texas, 802.3 Plenary meeting which will be held from Nov 7-12th . The 802.3bg task force meeting is currently scheduled for 2.0 days - all-day Tues and Wed.

Detailed meeting information may be found at  http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html

Early registration closes this Friday Oct 8th if you want to save $100 on meeting registration.

This meeting’s focus will be to review the comments and ballots generated by the ongoing Working group D2.1 recirculation ballot and review any technical presentations based on comment resolution.

The actual duration of the meeting will depend on the time required to complete the task force’s work.  The 2 days allocated at this point is to ensure that we have the time we need but it is possible that the TF will be able to complete it’s work in less time.  Until we close the comment period and close the presentation requests we will not be able to assess the amount of work for the task force.

It is anticipated that the Task Force will successfully close out the comments from D2.1 ballot and move towards initiating Sponsor ballot.  This will happen at the closing 802.3 plenary session on Thursday afternoon.  Please coordinate your travel accordingly if you plan to attend.

Best Regards,

Mark Nowell
Chair, IEEE 802.3bg 40Gb/s Ethernet Single-mode Fibre PMD Task Force
Tel:       613 254 3391
Email    mnowell@xxxxxxxx