[802.3_4PPOE] Call for Presentations: 4PPoE Study Group

Colleagues,

The IEEE 802.3 4-Pair Power over Ethernet Study Group will meet Tuesday and Wednesday all day and Thursday morning (July 16, 17 & 18) at the IEEE 802.3 July 2013 Plenary Meeting in Geneva, Switzerland. We will review the progress made in the May meeting and finalize our PAR, 5C and objectives.

For those of you who have not participated in an 802.3 standards project before, here is a list of resources:

The 802.3 Ethernet Working Group Home Page: http://ieee802.org/3/index.html

The 4PPoE Study Group home page: http://www.ieee802.org/3/4PPOE/index.html.

Operating Rules of IEEE Project 802.3 Ethernet Working Group: http://ieee802.org/3/rules/index.html

IEEE 802.3 Patent policy: http://ieee802.org/3/patent.html

Discussion of cost in IEEE 802.3: http://standards.ieee.org/resources/antitrust-guidelines.pdf

There is a newcomer training presentation which gives and overview of the IEEE standards process at: http://ieee802.org/newcomer_orientation-v7p1.pdf

Call for Presentations:

We will continue the work started last meeting on the PAR and 5C. Also, I expect a some technical presentations and results from the Compatibility Matrix AdHoc. Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers. Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.

Typically, the rules call for requests for presentation time be made two Fridays preceding the meeting. Since I am delinquent in making this call for presentations, I will place the burden on me to take late submissions and get files posted quickly.

For the July Plenary meeting, requests for presentation time must be made by next Sunday July 7, 2013, 11:59PM EDT.  Requests for presentation time shall be made to me at cmjones@xxxxxxxxx. Please e-mail a PDF (not the PowerPoint) version of the presentation to me by Friday of the week preceding the meeting. For the July Plenary, presentations must be submitted by July 12, 2013. I will make every effort to get files posted on Saturday so that they can be downloaded for review on the plane.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters Page: http://www.ieee802.org/3/4PPOE/public/presentproc.html

Please review your presentation to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines. Also,
to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE 802.3 web site, the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation
Author: Name(s) of author(s)
Subject: IEEE 4-Pair Power over Ethernet Study Group

I look forward to seeing everyone in Geneva!

Regards,

Chad Jones
Chair, IEEE 802.3 4-Pair Power over Ethernet Study Group