[802.3_4PPOE] call for presentations: January Interim 802.3bt Task Force

Colleagues,

The IEEE 802.3bt 4-Pair Power over Ethernet Task Force will meet Thursday and Friday January 23rd and 24th, 2014 at the IEEE 802.3 Interim Meeting in Indian Wells, CA. The plan is to make technical presentations that will guide us to adopting baselines for a draft. We cannot make progress without your submissions. I rely on the Task Force members to help drive progress.

For those of you who have not participated in an 802.3 standards project before, here is a list of resources:

The 802.3 Ethernet Working Group Home Page: http://ieee802.org/3/index.html

The 4PPoE Study Group home page: http://www.ieee802.org/3/4PPOE/index.html.

Operating Rules of IEEE Project 802.3 Ethernet Working Group: http://ieee802.org/3/rules/index.html

IEEE 802.3 Patent policy: http://ieee802.org/3/patent.html

There is a newcomer training presentation which gives and overview of the IEEE standards process at: http://ieee802.org/newcomer_orientation-v7p1.pdf

Call for Presentations:

As I mentioned above, the goal is to address technical issues resulting in adoption of baselines that will help form the draft. Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers. Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time. I would like to challenge the team to start giving presentations on solutions for Objective 7 (minimum power supported), and Objective 3 (mutual ID for 4P) with Objective 9 and 10 (backward compatibility) in mind.

For the January Interim meeting, requests for presentation time must be made by Monday January 13, 2014, 8:00AM EST.  Requests for presentation time shall be made to me at cmjones@xxxxxxxxx. A PDF (not the PowerPoint) version of the presentation must be emailed to me by Friday January 17, 2014, 5:00PM EST. I will get files posted on the January TASK FORCE Interim website by the end of day Friday the 17th so that they can be downloaded for review before the meeting. You'll notice that I highlighted Task Force website in the previous sentence. As we have moved from Study Group to Task Force, the Study Group website has been retired and archived. The TF website can be found at: http://www.ieee802.org/3/bt/index.html.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters Page: http://www.ieee802.org/3/4PPOE/public/presentproc.html

Please review your presentation to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines. Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE 802.3 web site, the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation
Author: Name(s) of author(s)
Subject: IEEE 802.3bt 4-Pair Power over Ethernet Task Force

I look forward to seeing everyone in California!

Regards,

Chad Jones
MGR, HW ENG, Cisco Systems
Acting Chair, IEEE P802.3bt 4PPoE Task Force