Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Are diode bridges really needed (2).pptx

It would seem to me that we need to define a new "Alt-C", which has all four pairs powered with a defined polarity (like Alt-B). This is similar to Christian's and Ken's suggestions, with a new name attached. Then we can either:

- make full autopolarity optional in a .bt PD, but mandate some sort of notification (like an LED indicator) when it's plugged in backwards. One can argue that this implements some amount of functionality with either polarity.

- make autopolarity mandatory in all PDs (as it is now), but the defined Alt-C polarity makes it pretty obvious what the PD should do if it doesn't care about full compliance.

Dave