[802.3_4PPOE] call for presentations: May Interim P802.3bt Task Force

Colleagues,

The IEEE 802.3bt 4-Pair Power over Ethernet Task Force will meet Wednesday, Thursday and Friday May 14th, 15th and 16th, 2014 at the IEEE 802.3 Interim Meeting in Norfolk, VA. The plan is to make technical presentations that will guide us to adopting baselines for a draft. We cannot make progress without your submissions. I rely on the Task Force members to help drive progress.

For those of you who have not participated in an 802.3 standards project before, here is a list of resources:

The 802.3 Ethernet Working Group Home Page: http://ieee802.org/3/index.html

The 4PPoE Task Force home page: http://www.ieee802.org/3/bt/.

Operating Rules of IEEE Project 802.3 Ethernet Working Group: http://ieee802.org/3/rules/index.html

IEEE 802.3 Patent policy: http://ieee802.org/3/patent.html

There is a newcomer training presentation which gives and overview of the IEEE standards process at: http://ieee802.org/newcomer_orientation-v7p1.pdf

Call for Presentations:

As I mentioned above, the goal is to address technical issues resulting in adoption of baselines that will help form the draft. Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers. Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.

For the May Interim meeting, requests for presentation time must be made by Tuesday April 29, 2014, 5PM AOE.  Requests for presentation time shall be made to me at cmjones@xxxxxxxxx. A PDF (not the PowerPoint) version of the presentation must be emailed to me by Wednesday May 7, 2014, 5PM AOE. I will get files posted on the May Task Force Interim website by the end of day Friday the 9th so that they can be downloaded for review before the meeting. The link to the Task Force page is above.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters Page: http://www.ieee802.org/3/4PPOE/public/presentproc.html

Please review your presentation to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines. Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE 802.3 web site, the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation
Author: Name(s) of author(s)
Subject: IEEE 802.3bt 4-Pair Power over Ethernet Task Force

I look forward to seeing everyone in Virginia!

Regards,

Chad Jones
MGR, HW ENG, Cisco Systems
Chair, IEEE P802.3bt 4PPoE Task Force