Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Fwd: Re: [802.3_4PPOE] IEEE802.3bt End to End Channel Pair to Pair Resistance Unbalance - Meeting material for Thursday May 8, 2014 meeting.

Hi Yair,

We can discuss the points of disagreement as you indicate.  One initial point I'd like to point out is the following:

(From the slide:
)

PD PI Runbalance testing complexity:
      Has a time-varying load, so Sequential measurements won’t work universally unless special operating modes or internal probing is included

Yair:  (Disagree. When power on, look for DC behavior ,or specify DC behavior)

Ken:  If the first step of an PD PI Runbalance test is to require a DC load behavior, you have already crossed a boundary forcing PD designers to implement a special operating mode that may not otherwise exist.
  If testing worst case, then the DC mode has to be at full power, and full power without a varying load may not even be possible.

Regards,
Ken