[802.3_4PPOE] Diode mismatch values

Yair,

The diode mismatch parameters I your presentation show a wide variation of threshold (.39V vs .53V) and a zero difference in resistance (0.25 ohms vs 0.25 ohms).

I have included my previous lab data on just six diodes which shows just the opposite: a threshold that is very close (Varying by only 0.30V) and a resistance that is wide (0.28 ohms vs 0.40 ohms).

Given that in the short channel case, the threshold offset is the major contributor to offset currents, I think we should change the values for the diode mismatch.

Regards,

Jeff Heath
Design Center Manager

paper: