Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Simulation Values

Yair,

See responses below but to save time your answer to my questions are:

1.    Should there be a minimum PSE resistance: Yair: Yes

2.    What would that be: Yair: 0.1 Ohm

The follow up questions would be:

1.    How did you arrive at this number (My estimated component values and calculations are shown in my presentation)

2.    Is this value for every pair (high side and low side)?

My presentation used 0.12 Ohms for the high side and 0.29 Ohms for the low side pairs.  Again, how they are arrived at are shown in the presentation.

Another question: Are you ready to suggest a PSE resistance imbalance too at this point?

Regards,

Jeff Heath
Design Center Manager

paper: