Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Regarding adding perfectly balanced resistance to a cable measurement

Yair,

Your math does not represent the data.  Your solution is to try and make the real use cases under study for the channel fit a percentage model by adding a perfectly balanced resistance.

Math is great but when the math does not match the data the wrong math model was chosen.  The channel data use cases is not represented by your choice of math.

I have presented a way to deal with the entire imbalance current which is to represent the uses cases we agree on and do simulations which will give us the accurate answers based on our agreed upon use cases.

Regards,

Jeff Heath
Design Center Manager

paper: