From: Chad Jones <cmjones@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 11:28 AM
To: 4PPOE Reflector <STDS-802-3-4PPOE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [802.3_4PPOE] September 2014 Call for Presentations

Colleagues,

The IEEE 802.3bt 4-Pair Power over Ethernet Task Force will meet  Wednesday, Thursday and Friday September 10th, 11th, and 12th, 2014 at the IEEE 802.3 Interim Meeting just outside of Ottawa, Canada. This is the call for presentations for that meeting. I know it feels like we just met (cause we did…) but we are a mere 6 weeks away from the next meeting.

For those of you who have not participated in an 802.3 standards project before, here is a list of resources:

The 802.3 Ethernet Working Group Home Page: http://ieee802.org/3/index.html

The 4PPoE Task Force home page: http://www.ieee802.org/3/bt/.

Operating Rules of IEEE Project 802.3 Ethernet Working Group: http://ieee802.org/3/rules/index.html

IEEE 802.3 Patent policy: http://ieee802.org/3/patent.html

There is a newcomer training presentation which gives and overview of the IEEE standards process at: http://ieee802.org/newcomer_orientation-v7p1.pdf

Call for Presentations:

The goal is to address technical issues resulting in adoption of baselines that will help form the draft. Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers. Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.

For the September Interim meeting, requests for presentation time must be made by Friday August  22, 2014, 5PM AOE.  Requests for presentation time shall be made to me at cmjones@xxxxxxxxx. A PDF (not the PowerPoint) version of the presentation must be emailed to me by Monday September 1, 2014, 5PM AOE. The intent is for me to have time to review the presentations, set an agenda and get this all posted to the website by Thursday September 4th. The link to the Task Force page is above.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

As is typical with all these meetings, we are sharing time with PoDL and our time is variable based on their workload. I expect to have two and a half days of meetings (half a day Wednesday  and a full day Thursday and Friday) but it may slightly less. Therefore I will take presentations on a first come first served basis – if I receive what I consider to be too many presentations for our allotted time.  I CANNOT ENTERTAIN LATE PRESENTATION REQUESTS NOR LATE PRESENTATION SUBMISSIONS. I’ve been lenient on this in the past and the group has abused my benevolence. Therefore, I have to be hard lined. Please note that I have scheduled a full day Friday. Please plan your travel accordingly and know that it is becoming customary to have straw polls and ‘motion madness’ after all the presentations and adhocs mettings/reports. Therefore I expect that we will have important work for Friday afternoon and that the meeting will likely run to 5PM.

All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters Page: http://www.ieee802.org/3/4PPOE/public/presentproc.html

Submitters SHALL use the following naming convention:

lastname_3bt(optional)_number_date.pdf

An example of two presentations submitted by your chair for September 2014:

jones_01_0914.pdf

jones_3bt_02_0914.pdf

Both titles are acceptable. It is up to you to track the numbering scheme, but if you have a preferred order, let me know that they should be sequential. The ‘3bt’ is optional as some people attend more than one group and present in more than one group and this allows them to keep the files straight.

Please review your presentation to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines. Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE 802.3 web site, the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation

Author: Name(s) of author(s)

Subject: IEEE 802.3bt 4-Pair Power over Ethernet Task Force

I look forward to seeing everyone in Kanata. For those that missed the announcement yesterday, here is the link to the registration and information page: http://ieee802.org/3/interims/index.html