[802.3_4PPOE] Updated 4PID baseline text

Thanks to a good deal of offline work and review with Yair and others, attached is revised baseline text for 4PID that seems to have attained a fair degree of consensus.  Please review, and, I ask our Chair, if time allows today, to revisit this and attempt to adopt this baseline text.  It may not be 100% perfect, but fine-tuning of individual words is what the Task Force Review and ballot comment process are for.

We’ve added in the register bit text, cleaned the changes that were made during presentation discussion yesterday, and refined some nomenclature.

George Zimmerman

Principal, CME Consulting

Experts in Advanced PHYsical Communications Technology

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860

(PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS.  THE OTHER WILL STILL WORK, BUT PLEASE USE THIS FOR CME BUSINESS)