[802.3_4PPOE] Finalyzing E2EP2P_Iunb/Runb , Ppeak_PD, Icut, ILIM

Hi all,

I would like to have your opinion on the following plane:

We have numbers for ILIM_2P_MIN and ICUT_2P for Type 3 and 4.

ILIM_2P_MIN may reach to 1.2A for Type 4 and 0.875a FOR Type 3.

Technically we can work with this numbers.

These are worst case numbers based on worst case model and also the fact that we allow ripple current Ipeak, in the PD according

Practically I would like to reduce this numbers in order to reduce stress from transformers.

We have several ways:

1.       Reducing Ipeak by reducing the Ppeak_PD/Pclass PD factor from 1.11 for Type 3 to a lower value e.g. 1.07 range and for Type 4 to reduce it to ~1.03.

2.       Reducing PD Vdiff budget to lower value So E2EP2P_Iunb will be lower (this move has the highest effect)

3.       Using statistical analysis that will help reducing E2EP2P_Iunb (preferred to be our last move only after our spec is stable).

I prefer to start with 1 due to the fact that in reality, PD behavior has much less AC ripple that we assumed in 802.3at.

My goal is to reduce currents by at least 5%.

I'll appreciate your inputs.

Yair

Darshan Yair

Chief R&D Engineer