Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Finalyzing E2EP2P_Iunb/Runb , Ppeak_PD, Icut, ILIM

Hi Pete,

Currently the standard allows adjusting Peak-to-average ratio if system parameters per equation 33-4 are knows.

It includes old equation 33-4 that was function of Rch and Pclass and include the K factor that is function of E2EP2P_Iunb as function of Rch.

This is a good feature that helps optimizing the system performance.

If you don’t use LLDP, than you can use the default values generated by equation 33-12 and 33-4 at worst case conditions.

The peak power is limited to 5% duty cycle 50msec maximum averaged on sliding 1 sec window. In any case the average DC and the RMS current must be kept per the limits of Pclass/Vport at all times. As a result, in average, it will have less effect on the PSE power budget.

In addition, I will propose in next week to update equation 33-4 and 33-4a so 33-4 will be used for Class4 only with 1.11 peak/average ratio and above class 4 it will be 1.05 ratio. This will reduce further the peak power and peak current and as a result will reduce ILIM_MIN with the P2P_Iunb effect.

Yair