From: Fred Dawson [mailto:fred.c.dawson@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:42 PM
To: Larsen, Wayne
Cc: STDS-802-3-4PPOE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_4PPOE] SPI Public Input

Hi Wayne,

This section did not deal with any premises powering over Ethernet cables at all, and that is why it was changed in the NEC first draft.

The other changes like the one I attached, expand article 840 from being strictly for optical fiber based broadband communication systems to being for all types of communications cabling systems that are premises powered. This is consistent with the existing title of the section "Premises-Powered Broadband Communications Systems".

I have previously sent all the technical changes. The remaining ones are all languages changes expanding this section to include ethernet and other types of premises powered broadband applications.

Fred