Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Analysis of E2EP2PRUNB with Dual Signature PDs

Yair -

Page 7 (Figure 3c) is a plausible connection, but shouldn’t it be treated the same as Figure 1 by the PSE (if the PSE has the positive path pairs tied together, like most do)? Most PSEs won’t measure currents in the positive paths, so they will see currents that look matched (to within E2EUNB), even if the positive pair currents are unmatched.

If this is true, then the unmatched classes will confuse the PSE.

In this case, a 2p midspan in series with a 2p endpoint would work correctly and could take advantage of the mixed classes - but it would still have to manage Vdiff somehow.

Dave