[802.3_4PPOE] omission in the D1.4 comment database

All, during generation of D1.5 Lennart has found that we forgot to specifically call out the file to use to replace the old state machine. Comment 17 states ‘OBE by adoption of the new state machine’. This comment should have referenced bullock_01_0115_rev2.pdf as the file to use. If you recall, this is the one that was worked on throughout the week based on conversations in the room and was presented Thursday morning for all to review the modifications.

In the interest of time, Lennart is incorporating this file into D1.5 so that it can be further reviewed during the next comment cycle. I am being very transparent on the reflector to point out the oversight and how we are handling it. I don’t think anyone would prefer to leave it out and lose the review time, further delaying our publication date.

Chad Jones
MGR, HW ENG, Cisco Systems
Chair, IEEE P802.3bt 4PPoE Task Force