[802.3_4PPOE] LED lighting

Colleagues-

For those of you in Silicon Valley or anyone in the area next week, there is a talk that should be of interest to 4-Pair PoE participants given how active Philips has been in our Task Force.  It appears that one might learn a little more about the power considerations for LED lighting from this talk.  At a minimum you'll learn more about the market and get free pizza

SCV-PHOT 9/6| LEDs for Lighting Applications: Past, Present, and Future
Dr. Michael Krames tells the story of LEDs, how it has now become the backbone of the solid state lighting and display industry, and what we might expect in the future ...
(Intel Auditorium, Santa Clara, 5.30 pm)

For full announcement, see: http://ewh.ieee.org/r6/scv/leos/

Best regards,

Geoff

Geoffrey O. Thompson