[802.3_4PPOE] D2.1 comments

All, David has contacted me. I was asked to clarify the comment flagging process as I left out some details.

First, I want to clarify this process is completely about making the meeting efficient. We have limited time, lots of comments, and proposed responses were provided more than a week before the meeting. I'm therefore requesting that Task Force participants read the proposed responses before getting to the Plenary so that we can speed the work in the meeting room.

After your review, it is quite likely you will have some comments where you disagree with the proposed response. In those cases, in the interest of efficiency, I ask that you send an email to Dave Abramson CC’ing me with the comment number(s) of such comments. While you are making this list, you know why you want the comment pulled. I request that you also provide that. This will be incorporated into the comment database and a new PDF will be provided so that people can prepare for the meeting. Many times in past meetings, time is wasted while trying to recall why a comment was pulled. Simply put, this is the main reason I request you provide explanation. Since this process is manual and since I want to get a file posted with time for review, I have set a deadline of Nov 5, 2016 11:59pm AOE for sending this list.

Chad Jones
Tech Lead, Cisco Systems
Chair, IEEE P802.3bt 4PPoE Task Force