Re: [802.3_4PPOE] yseboodt_03_0317: PD Classification text

Dual-sig has special codes for class 1-5 so the text cover it to i.e. it requires 3 class event to find the class code.

So I prefer not to change it.

Yair

From: John Skinner [mailto:john_skinner@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2017 6:34 PM
To: STDS-802-3-4PPOE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_4PPOE] yseboodt_03_0317: PD Classification text

EXTERNAL EMAIL

Hi Lennart

I think you’re on the right track, but I suggest the statement should be just a little stronger, replacing ‘may’ with ‘are’:

   Up to 3 class events are required to discover the Class for Class 5..8 devices.

You don’t need this many class events to discover classes 1..3.

The odd man out is Class 4 – you don’t really need 3 events to discover a Class 4 device, but you do need 3 events to disambiguate between this and Classes 5..8, so the only special case that might need to be mentioned specifically would be a Type 3 Class 4 device.

Regards,

John

John Skinner

Sifos Technologies, Inc.