[802.3_4PPOE] stover_02_0317 - "option2_baseline" updated

Hey all,

Here's my presentation regarding PSE connection check usage, and 2 alternatives for baseline to address the problem.

The presentation and option1 are same as posted to allfiles. Option2 baseline is updated (see attached) to fix a typo in Page 119 modifications (was "sig_type = invalid * sig_pri != valid * sig_sec != valid", now fixed as "sig_type = invalid + sig_pri != valid + sig_sec != valid").

I recognize there's a lot of ground covered in all these files. While considering the original problem, I recognized an opportunity to make the distinction between connection check and detection while providing a flexible framework for all "connection check/detect sequences" to be compliant, provided they meet the existing timing requirements (tdet, tpon, and inter-function timing "tcc_det"). This is option 1.

If you have any questions about my approach, if you have concerns about support for one or another existing "CC_DET_SEQ", or if you have found any errors, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks for your consideration.
--
David Stover
Senior Design Engineer, Mixed Signal

Office   (805) 965-2047
Websites      analog.com, linear.com

Linear Technology is now part of Analog Devices.  Learn more.

Inline image 2