Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Unbalance margin (yseboodt3)

Lennart –

I’m afraid I may not be understanding what you are trying to say (or else you changed wording without actually meaning to) –

You make a distinction in your wording, which is either unintentional, or the meaning is obscure:

Icon-2P-unb max for the PSE and PD, item 5 in the table is: “Pairset current for PSE and PD due to unbalance”, and

Iunbalance-2P min that the PSE must support, in item 5a is:  “pairset current including unbalance effect”.

Then, in 145.2.8.5, you specify the other language for Iunbalance: “is the current a PSE is able to source on a pairset due to unbalance as defined in Table 145–16”

You changed the Icon-2P-unb max language FROM “pairset current including unbalance effect” TO “due to unbalance”, which would ordinarily mean “the component of the current due to unbalance (excluding the nominal current)” to me (and I expect most readers). If you are trying to communicate something with this change of language, I don’t know what it is, and I suggest we need another try at it.  Otherwise I think that:

“Pairset current for PSE and PD due to unbalance including the unbalance effect per the assigned Class (for single-signature PDs)” is the right thing to say for item 5.

I would also suggest the same language in 145.2.8.5.

On a different note, you’ve gone to this trouble of defining a new, separate parameter Iunbalance to be the current supported, only so you can compute Icon2P.  why not just put Icon2P in the table appropriately?

It might look a little messier in the table, because it will have a min (Icon - IPort-2P-other; (whatever the value of Iunbalance-2P is for that class )) in it, but for the reader, it would all be in one place then, and be simpler to follow.

And, you wouldn’t have to define new values…

-george